Email Marketing Ideas
As we discussed in our Email Marketing Blog series, an email marketing campaign is a series of marketing efforts sent by email to multiple people simultaneously. The main goal of an email campaign is to encourage potential customers to learn more about your business and purchase your products or services.
Holiday email marketing can attract subscribers' attention to your promotions, gift ideas, event invites, and more. Need inspiration? Here are a few email marketing ideas to get you started.
• Holiday-themed tips & tricks • Holiday gift guides • Holiday hours updates • Gift ideas • Last-minute reminders • New Year's look ahead • Holiday-themed newsletter • End-of-year updates • Holiday event invites • Share a story about the holidays • Shipping deadlines
• Giving Tuesday campaign • Cyber Monday or Black Friday offers • Small Business Saturday offers • Early bird pricing sales • Holiday gift packages • Gift certificates • Free shipping • Gift card bonus (buy one, get one) • Holiday preview sale
• Last-minute reminders
• Personalized gift ideas
• Holiday preview sale
• Customer appreciation
• Customer thank you
Stand out from the crowd this holiday season with emails that pop!
Ask yourself these three questions and adhere to email best practices to create emails that resonate with your subscribers.
1. Headline What are you trying to accomplish?
2. Message body Why should the reader care?
3. Call to action How can the reader get involved, what action do they need to take?
Creating subject lines that are both eye-catching and festive is the key to great email engagement. For someone to read your email, they must first open it. Here are some subject line inspirations to help you stand out.
• It's now or never! Save [%off] at [your business]
• Good times, good cheer, and great offers
• It's the most wonderful time for [product]
• Get in the holiday spirit with [offer]
• Shop our hottest holiday products now
• New service offers in time for the holidays
• Get your holiday shopping done with these amazing offers
• Limited time only: Get [% off] your holiday order
• Exclusive offers just in time for the holidays
• Unmatched selection of gifts for [mom/dad]
• Find the perfect gift for [spouse/child]
• Reserve your spot for [name of your event]
• Find out what we have planned for [ holiday/ shopping day]
• Stress-free holiday shopping is possible at [your business]
• There's snow place like [your product]
• Do you hear what I hear?
• This sale sleighs
• Keep the holiday magic alive with [product]
• [Name], get a jump start on your holiday shopping
• Holiday shopping has never been easier
• Need last-minute gift ideas?
• Our top [Number] holiday picks
• Holiday [Topic] tips and tricks
• It's gift o'clock. Check out these ideas
• Have you seen our holiday gift ideas?
• Learn how to [do something] this holiday season
• Holiday time-saving tips from [your business]
• We're open late! New hours for the holidays
• On a budget? Check out these gift ideas
• Gift Inspiration for [Name]
• Holiday preparations start now
• [Name], thanks for being a loyal customer
• [Name], thank you for making a difference
Want to Create Some Standout Subject Lines of Your Own?
Use personalization when it makes sense
Personalization can create a stronger connection with your customers and help increase open rates when used properly (personalize by name and location)
Stay short and sweet
Subject line: 4 to 7 words (or 40 characters)
Preheader text: 5 to 8 words ( 30-80 characters)
Avoid anything spammy
Avoid ALL CAPS and excessive punctuation
The subject line and preheader text should work together
The subject line gives readers a reason to open; the preheader provides context
Ask a question
Questions can pique your reader's interest
Include a deadline
Create a sense of urgency by showing that your message is timely
Discover what subject lines work best for your audience
Promotional items are branded merchandise a company gives away for free to a target audience. The purpose of promotional items is to generate buzz and interest in your brand, and the goal is for customers to choose you over the competition.
Promotional items are another important part of promoting your business over the holidays. Giving gifts is a big part of the holidays. Promotional items are a great way to show appreciation to customers and employees while marketing your products or services.
Branded promotional products are known for their effectiveness in marketing, qualitylogoproducts.com/blog/50-stats-promotional-products.
Benefits of Giving Promotional Items to Your Customers or Employees
Promotes positive associations with your brand
Shows appreciation to your customers and employees
Increases your return on investment (ROI)
Improves brand visibility and customer loyalty
Generates sales when aligned with your customer's interests
Promotional items aren't just gifts but a reflection of your company that can leave a lasting impression. A thoughtful and valuable item may be what you need to increase brand awareness and give a special touch to the customer experience.
Questions to Consider When Planning Your Holiday Promotional Campaign
Who is your target audience, and what would they want to receive?
What products will impact and bring value to the customers' lives?
What is your budget?
Will you put your company logo on the products?
What type of promo items do you want to use?
When and where will you be giving out the products?
Event marketing is the process of organizing a themed exhibit or display to promote your product, service, or brand. The events can be held in person or online; a company can participate as a host, participant, or sponsor.
Event marketing is a great place to connect with your customers and build relationships while providing education about your product or service. Most importantly, you want to ensure you add value to your customers' experience.
Consider these types of events when determining where you want to market your business
Pop up shops
Throughout this guide, you've unwrapped layer after layer of holiday marketing efforts — but what does it look like when it's all put together? Each action outlined in this guide can work independently, but each step builds on the last to boost your business over the holiday season.
If you need help with any of these elements for your business, contact MLC Expert Consulting at 843.819.0103 or message us through our website.